Andrew Blau of Global Business Network is now speaking at the 2006 Public Broadcasting New Media Conference on the future of independent media. His outline posits a "new ecology" for independent media:
1. Pervasive - media will be part of every kind of experience
2. Noisy - more media, everywhere, all the time means more competition for everyone, everywhere, all the time
3. Inverted - the essential dynamic of how audiences connect with work will be inverted from broadcast to "broadcatch"
4. Fragmented -audiences are fragmenting and organizing in new configurations
5. Financially reorganized - how independent work is funded will change
Back in December 2004, I linked to a great paper of the same name that he wrote. Well worth the investment in time. Link: Technology360.com. --Dennis