As public broadcasting's Integrated Media Association meets next week in Seattle, the PB newspaper, Current, is publishing several articles focusing on the issues that will be discussed there. The links follow. --Dennis
- "Internet enthusiasts will report experiments with the Open Media Network media portal and public radio's podcast directory led by NPR.
- Conference organizer Mark Fuerst explains why pubcasters might do well to emulate Major League Baseball's web supersite.
- Dennis Haarsager steps back for a look forward at Public Broadcasting 2.0.
- Louis Barbash looks at the free/fee question and other issues at PBS.org, which is looking for funding as stations reduce their support.
- Consultant Paul Marszalek says offering all programs as free podcasts would be another losing fiscal scheme for public radio."