From the National Telecommunications and Information Administration web site:
NTIA Releases Final Rule on Digital Television Converter Box Coupon Program: The converter box coupon program will assist Americans in receiving over-the-air broadcast television programming when full-power television stations cease analog broadcasting after February 17, 2009.
• Press Release [ -- HTML -- MS Word -- Acrobat PDF -- ]
• Final Rule on Digital Television Converter Box Coupon Program
[ -- HTML -- WordPerfect -- Acrobat PDF (167Kb) -- ]
• Digital TV Fact Sheet for Consumers (Acrobat PDF 181 Kb)
• Digital TV Fact Sheet for Retailers (Acrobat PDF 178 Kb)
• Digital TV Fact Sheet for Manufacturers (Acrobat PDF 242 Kb)
• Digital Television Transition & Public Safety Web Site
See also John Eggerton's, Initial Converter Box Bucks Cover All Analog Sets. Link: Broadcasting & Cable.
Update 13 Mar. 2007:
The NTIA links above don't work, but won't be able to troubleshoot until tonight. In the meantime, they were yesterday on the front page at
Update 14 Mar. 2007:
The NTIA links have been fixed. --Dennis