Bear Stearns hosted the Interep 2007 Radio Symposium from which Ryan Saghir quotes Bear Stearns analyst Robert Peck with these takeaways and more from an iBiquity presentation:
- HD Radio is planning on offering features like enhanced PAD data to show sports scores, stock tickers, and even text-ads.
- On-demand radio, including traffic and weather
- Time-shifting capabilities with pause, record and playback functionality
- The ability to purchase music
- Subscription or opt-in services ...
... And perhaps the most significant announcement was that iBiquity envisions the HD chipset built into MP3 players, PDAs, eTablets, and Smartphones. They expect to make announcements around 2008.
Link: Orbitcast. --Dennis